BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Blogger Templates »
DIStickers.com Ticker

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Online application completed

            This must be fate! Today started out as a stressful day. Last night I couldn’t sleep at all, the last time I remember looking at the phone it was 4:15. So today I woke up 9:15 only to realize that my alarm clock had been set for 8:00 p.m. instead of a.m. so I wasn’t in the best mood. Then I received a text message saying that my next class (the only one I had left for today) was cancelled. Luckily for me my softball practice was also cancelled so I had the entire day to do nothing.
           
 For some reason I had the urge to get on http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/ where I noticed that they were no longer looking for just culinary arts participants but for fall ’11 participants as well! So I sent out a mass text to my family explaining what I would be doing. And I clicked on Apply Now and Get Started.

          
  Watching the E Presentation – unfortunately my school does not have the presentation but in a way I am okay with that. I have seen the E Presentation a few times (helps me get my Disney fix) so this time was nothing new except… THIS TIME I AM ACTUALLY APPLING!!! About halfway through the presentation I thought to myself will these people ever shut up? Not because I didn’t enjoy the presentation because trust me I did! I just really wanted to get on with the process.
         

   The Online Application- to be honest it took me a good minute to get the courage to click continue. I have test anxiety, and it is even worse knowing that this is something I really want to do.  While answering the question I kept preparing myself for rejection. I kept thinking to myself that if I didn’t pass I would just try again for the next available Spring Program. I was so nervous! When the last question turned into the page that said next steps phone interview. I actually started screaming I couldn’t believe it.  I called Disney College Recruiting and was put on hold for 2 minutes which was fine by me because the hold music was there’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (foreshadowing hopefully!) Then I scheduled my interview for Friday at 10:30. Then I called everyone in my family to tell them the news! They were all very happy for me!
           
 What is next? -  To be honest I don’t know that answer. Tonight I am going to hang out with my roommates and friends and have a great time! Tomorrow I have softball practice and basketball games. Friday 10:30 interview then who cares! I am so excited I feel like I am on top of the world and I haven’t even been accepted. If the phone interview goes badly I will be very upset, but this is God’s plan if he wants me in Florida that’s where I’ll be and if not I will start next fall at SIU and apply again for the Spring Program.

              Any Advice? – Well I am not a good person to give advice since I have not yet been accepted or even had the phone interview. But I do have a few tips. Tip #1 DON’T BE NERVOUS! (do as I say not as I do) Nerves had me so stressed while doing the interview and I hope that no one reading this goes through the same stress that I faced!  Tip #2 be consistent and tell the truth!!! Tip #3 have some fun!!!



So as my final thoughts for this post I will leave you with this...
There’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day
There’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow’s just a dream away
Man has a dream and that’s the start
He follows his dream with mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It’s a dream come true for you and me

So there’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day
There’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away

0 comments: